Friday, July 11, 2008

You're Gonna Be What?



See this stupid look on Rico's face? This came about yesterday on our way home from Nashville when the subject of age came up. I am a few years older than Rico but it was like it just sunk into his brain for the first time. He looked at me, laughed and said, "You're gonna be how old? 37? How old were you when we first started dating?" You mean back in school when I was 19 and you were just driving?
I wanted to take my flip flop off and reinvent the Jimmy Buffett phrase..."Blew out my flip flop...knocked off a ding dong."
Did he just know realize I am old...my uterus is decrepit and am soon to be barren?
I gave him the opportunity to trade me in for two 18 year olds. But then I reminded him that they would want to go clubbin' all the time and he dances like he's feeding chickens or having some kind of epileptic fit. They wouldn't think that was sexy for very long. Nor would they understand his incessant need to talk about guns and scopes...or to stop on the side of a busy highway and shoot a groundhog. They just wouldn't be DOWN with that.
I may be old but I understand him...and he understands me...even if he doesn't know how old I am.

3 comments:

azn8tive said...

My Hubby had the same reaction when we were dating. He swears that if he'd known I was 19 (he was 23), he would've never asked me out. We've been happily married for 19 years after dating for 2.

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Rico does a dance I've seen before-the broke wing chicken dance.

It takes a lot of understanding to hear about guns, bows, scopes, arrows, bullets, camo and all the rest 24/7. I know because I get to hear it too!

Brittany said...

So funny! Husbands don't realize they would be way to tired from watching the game or itching themselves to keep up with a youngin'.