Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Smoking

I quit smoking Christmas day. I know I should have never started years ago, but I have always had a love affair with cigarettes. I loved to smoke. I loved the way it felt in my fingers, as the smoke rolled down my throat and burned my lungs. I know that sounds sick but I did. I loved it.
My husband, who is the most wonderful man in the world, told me all he wanted for Christmas was for me to quit. So I did. Haven't touched one since. Oh, I miss it. Especially since my ass has gotten HUGE. You see, the replacement for my oral fixation has become anything sweet. Mass quantities of cake, my mother in laws fabulous Derby pie, brownies, handfuls of sugary cereal...I have become a glutton. 12 pounds since Christmas. My pants are too tight and uncomfortable but yet I still eat. I need my jaw wired shut. At times I think I need to start smoking again, but I won't, cause I gave him my word. I promised. Maybe he should make me promise to quit eating all this crap...

No comments: