Tuesday, June 24, 2008

12 Step Program







I don't get on Ebay very often, for good reason. I start out just browsing glassware and antiques. You know, just window shopping.
Then I start thinkin'. Which in my case is never a good idea.
So, I was thinkin' about the bridal shower Farm Chick and I are having for one of our friends later on this summer. Wouldn't it be a great idea to do several homemade cakes instead of the regular sheet cake thing. Beautiful, towering sweet concoctions on magnificent antique cake stands. Fabulous idea, I tell myself.
Well, here's the problem. I don't have that many cake stands of my own and it would be rude to borrow them...so I rationalize buying FOUR as of this minute...and maybe three more.
Ebay makes it so easy to get caught up in the bidding war. I want it...they want it...who wants it more???? Those of you who know me personally know I'm gonna get it...I can't stand not to.
Rico Sauve asked me what I was doing a second ago. I told him paying for some stuff on Paypal...you know the cake STAND I was talking about. I'll break the other three or five of them to him gently...like after he buys a new scope or rifle.
If that doesn't work, I'll be finding a 12 step program. Ya'll pray for me!

2 comments:

Big Pissy said...

You're gonna love this: I have a leopard print cake stand! :)

Anonymous said...

Rifles and scopes cost more than cake stands!