Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Perfect Southern Biscuit




I have been in mourning ever since Ginger over at DeepFriedKudzu informed me that White Lily Flour is leaving Knoxville and moving north. How can the greatest asset of southern cooks move...and up north at that? No offense to my northern friends...but some things will always be southern...sweet tea, magnolia trees, pecan pie and White Lily flour.
So, as an adieu to White Lily leaving...I am treating you all to the perfect southern biscuit. It never fails. My mother-in-law told me my biscuits were better than hers after trying them...so the must be pretty good.
You can eliminate the gingerbread biscuit...Farm Chick and I were just having fun.

The Perfect Southern Biscuit (a.k.a Angel Biscuits)

2 cups White Lily self rising flour (no substitutions)
1/2 pint of whipping cream

Mix and roll out on floured surface. Using a biscuit cutter, cut biscuits without twisting. Twisting the biscuits prevents them from rising properly. Bake on a cooking stone for 13-15 minutes or until done at 450 degrees.

3 comments:

Big Pissy said...

I don't eat biscuits anymore....*sigh*

Dejoni said...

What do you mean you don't eat biscuits anymore? Is your jaw wired shut? It is my duty as a southern woman to eat biscuits. I may not do it as often as I like...but I can never give them up.
I will pray for you Pissy.

Anonymous said...

Thats the recipe I use! Can't believe White Lily is moving!!